[mpich-discuss] client server application on windows7

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 9 14:36:42 CDT 2012

Hi,
 If you are using file system calls directly (instead of say MPI IO) make sure that the file is created before reading it.
 You might want to take a look at the Windows developer's guide (http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=docs) for more information on how to set environment variables etc. You can use the "-env" option of mpiexec to set an environment variable (mpiexec -n 2 -env MPICH_PORT_RANGE 10000:10010 mympipgm.exe) for the job.

(PS: The port range is for the entire MPI job and MPICH2 might need more than one port number)
Regards,
Jayesh