[mpich-discuss] how to work with server computers

ehsan saei shajarian_e at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 21:33:58 CST 2011

Hi all
I want to buy a HP Proliant DL380 G7 for running my codes I wrote c++ codes that use MPI library for parallel processing and I executed them on a PC with core i7 cpu and I got correct answer that I expected but the speed is low and I have to buy a system like hp proliant series and up to now I never used any system like this so I have some questions :
what kind of operating systems I can install on it ?(windows 7,ubuntu desktop edition or ubuntu server edition ...)
If I can install a desktop edition operating system on it will the operating system uses all the processors?
thanks.