[mpich-discuss] CROSS_F77_SIZEOF_INTEGER is ignored

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 28 10:01:58 CST 2011

On Nov 26, 2011, at 11:56 AM CST, Sergei Morozov wrote:

> Installing with intel fortran results in
> configure: error: Unable to configure with Fortran support because
> configure could not determine the size of a Fortran INTEGER.  Consider
> setting CROSS_F77_SIZEOF_INTEGER to the length in bytes of a Fortran
> INTEGER
>
> However, setting of the above variable is ignored.

Which version of MPICH2 are you using?  mpich2-1.5a1?  Are you actually cross-compiling or is this just a misleading message from a non-cross build?

If you are using 1.5a1, there's a reasonable chance that we broke cross-compilation and/or some Fortran integer size detection somehow with the new build system that was introduced in 1.5a1.

-Dave