[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 for ARM

Harald Schuster schuster at technikum-wien.at
Thu Nov 10 09:33:14 CST 2011

I added the config.log to this mail but i changed the pm from hydra to
gforker only for testing and know the helloWorld example runs but when I
tried a example with a broadcast the programm stops without any error
but it not finishes. The gforker and hydra uses sockets or?

On 10.11.2011 16:12, Jeff Hammond wrote:
> I think it will help if you post config.log.
>
> Can you run the test that fails within GDB or Valgrind?  I do not
> think that mpirun itself is segfaulting, but rather that it activates
> the code path that does.  Maybe this much was clear to you already.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Harald Schuster
> <schuster at technikum-wien.at>  wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I use MPICH2 on my normal Linux PC and it works fine. My next goal is to run
>> MPICH2 on a arm926 (am1707) which is simulated in SimSoc and where a normal
>> linux OS is running. The linux is compiled with the buildroot 2010.05 and I
>> use the arm-linux-gcc 4.3.4. I tried to make the the mpich2 with the
>> arm-linux-gcc and it works. I used the following configuration:
>>
>> CFLAGS="-static" CC=arm-linux-gcc ./../configure
>> --prefix=/mnt/ti_am1707_root/usr/mpich2-install --with-pm=hydra
>> --disable-f77 --disable-fc --disable-cxx --disable-sharedlibs
>> --host=arm-linux --with-device=ch3:sock
>>
>> Also the make install process works fine. Then I compiled a small helloWorld
>> example with the mpicc for arm and it also works. When I run the helloWorld
>> example on the simulated processor I always got an segmentation fault. For
>> starting the program I use the following command:
>>
>> mpirun -np 1 helloWorld
>>
>> When I start the helloWorld program without the mpirun command I got the
>> right output. So I think the segmentation fault is caused by the mpirun
>> command but I don't know where and what I can do to solve the problem.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Harald

---------------------------------------
Harald Schuster, MSc