[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 for ARM

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 10 09:31:20 CST 2011

One way to isolate whether mpirun itself is failing or whether your helloWorld program is failing when run under mpirun is to run a non-MPI program (such as "ls" or "hostname") under mpirun.  There will still be a small slice of mpirun functionality that is not exercised in this case (PMI interactions), so it's not a perfect test, but it's another useful data point.

Also, to rule out the unlikely possibility of bugs in your "helloWorld" program, you should try running the "cpi" program that you can find in the "examples" directory of your build tree.

-Dave