[mpich-discuss] Parallel Quick sort

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:05:07 CDT 2011

Hello Irfan,

> Yah I am working on MPICH2 platform

Me too : )   I meant what release of it.

> In error message 100 is the size of data.

I see. But that's not an MPICH2 error -- is that your own app's output?

> when running on multiple processes the program do not even display
> the resultant array. and do not show any thing.

Sorry, we don't know enough about your code to guess anything.

Are you assuming your code is correct? Why? Does it work without the
profiling? Has it worked with 2 processors in the past? If so, what
has changed since then?

> after waiting more... time than the program take actually
> I press Cntrl+C to stop execution. and it gives the Error:

Many programs will cause errors when interrupted abruptly. Again, I
suggest focusing on debugging why it's freezing in the first place
(not why it complains when you kill it, which is probably a collateral
effect). Add more debug output, etc. Try to find out what it was doing
before deadlocking (or whatever it is).

If problems persist, please include the output of the "mpich2version"
and "uname -mo" commands in your next email.

Good luck,
N.