[mpich-discuss] Automatic reply: MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE on Microsoft HPC platform

Dmitriy Golovashkin golovashkin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:24:07 CDT 2011

Hi Fab,

> Other MPI vendors support MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE on Windows too, for example
Intel MPI.  So while MSMPI doesn’t support MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE, there’s
nothing to prevent it in the Microsoft HPC platform: you can configure your
cluster to use a different MPI library than MSMPI (e.g. MPICH2, Intel MPI,
Platform MPI, etc.)

Thank you very much for your detailed reply
I was very helpful!  (I did not know that Windows is so flexible and would
allow other MPI vendors
to coexist.  That's pretty powerful.)

Best regards,
Dmitriy.