[mpich-discuss] how to enable mpiserial for linux machine

Rui Mei meir02ster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:49:31 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I have installed MPICH2 on our linux machine to run our research model. It
was performing normal in parallel mode. However, for a specific simulation,
The model configuration needs to enable the use of MPISERIAL but it seems
the machine does not support it.

Here is the error while compiling

"DSEQ_ -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DNO_SHR_VMATH  -i4 -gopt -Mlist -Mextend
-byteswapio -Mflushz -Kieee -Ktrap=fp    -Mfree
/home2/meir02/cesm1_0/models/drv/driver/ccsm_driver.F90
gmake: *** No rule to make target
`/home2/meir02/cesm1_0/test/test/lib/libmpi-serial.a', needed by
`/home2/meir02/cesm1_0/test/test/run/ccsm.exe'.  Stop."

I cheched /usr/local/mpi/lib and did not find libmpi-serial.a. Is that the
reason for failed compilation. I wish to get some advice here.

Thank you very much.

Rui