[mpich-discuss] mpiexec Mac OS execution error

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at ieee.org
Thu Mar 10 20:52:23 CST 2011

What are you using for your launcher? MPD (if that's what your using) has
some setup that needs to be done first before things will work.

Have you tried just launching something simple like 'mpiexec -np 2 ls' ?

The macports version is still on 1.2.1p1. Perhaps I'll update it to 1.3.3rc1
with HYDRA as the default launcher and you can try again -- I see no one has
touched it in a while. I'll send you a note when it's available. You'll
still need to do some minimal setup for HYDRA, as outlined in the MPICH2
documentation.

 -Eric