[mpich-discuss] mpiexec Mac OS execution error

Theron Rodgers tmr9a at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 10 20:18:00 CST 2011

Hi,

I've installed Mpich2 from macports using gcc 4.5.2.  When I attempt to run a program with mpiexec I receive error messages, as follows:

theron$ mpiexec -np 2 icarus_mac.exe <steady_slowest.in
Fatal error in MPI_Comm_rank: Invalid communicator, error stack:
MPI_Comm_rank(106): MPI_Comm_rank(comm=0x1, rank=0x1001ecd04) failed
MPI_Comm_rank(64).: Invalid communicator
rank 0 in job 15 comp.local_53650   caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 0: return code 1

There are also two GUI windows that open and quickly close, which I recognize as the usual Mac OS Allow/Deny program execution dialogue.  After seeing these windows, I thought the execution might be having problems with permissions, so I reentered the command using sudo, but I got an additional error message:

/opt/local/bin/mpdroot: open failed for root's mpd conf filempiexec_comp.local (__init__ 1208): forked process failed; status=255

Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Theron Rodgers