[mpich-discuss] Crash with hydra on MPI_Finalize

Jain, Rohit Rohit_Jain at mentor.com
Mon Mar 7 13:04:07 CST 2011

Yes, seg fault.

# Attempting stack trace sig 11
# Signal caught: signo [11]

It crashes with stacktrace that I showed below. There are no error
messages. Crash occurs in all the processes.

I recently started using --enable-debuginfo, as I read instruction
somewhere (mpich2 docs or totalview) that this option is required to use
mpich2 with totalview. My intention is to be able to debug my
application with totalview, not inside mpich2. But, it seem totalview
requires some visibility inside mpich2 to make some of its feature work.

And, you are right. mpich2-1.2.1p1 with mpd also crashes in similar way.

So, any chances of getting it fixed?

Regards,
Rohit