[mpich-discuss] Crash with hydra on MPI_Finalize

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 5 09:20:05 CST 2011

Crash how?  Is it segfaulting?  Is there an error message that you can show us?

The MPIR_CommL_forget function only gets called when debugger support is enabled, so there's a chance you're hitting a bug there that others do not because many (most?) users do not enable debugger support.  If you don't need debugger support (for inspecting message queues and the like, not plain-old "-g" compilation), then you could remove "--enable-debuginfo" from your configure line as a workaround.

Based on the information you've given us so far, I doubt this is a crash that is caused by hydra vs. mpd.  Did you enable debugger support when building your older version of MPICH2 as well?

-Dave