[mpich-discuss] how can I be sure that the program is running via another computer

h banki hd_banki at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 04:29:59 CST 2011

Hello,

I want to run a MPI program through two computers. so I have a machine file which has the IP of my computer and IP of another computer. and in both computers I have registered the same user with the same password.
I use the below command, in the command prompt :

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\examples>mpiexec -n 6
-machinefile machines.txt cpi.exe
the program runs successfully and returns the correct result without any error.now I want to know that is there any way to show a message in the screen of another computer like "a part of program is running here"?actually I want to be sure that a part of program is running via another computer!!
Regards,

Banki