[mpich-discuss] installing and using MPI_PUBLISH_NAME and MPI_LOOKUP_NAME with mpich2

Bernard Secher - SFME/LGLS bernard.secher at cea.fr
Wed Jun 15 06:49:57 CDT 2011

Hello list,

I want to install and use MPI_PUBLISH_NAME and MPI_LOOKUP_NAME with mpich2.

I saw there is a --with-namepublisher=name configure option

with name =     no (no service available)
                         mpd
                         file:directory (optional directory)
                         pmi

What are the differences between the different options ?
I tried to use mpd option but I got the following error message:
"configure: error: The mpd nameserver requires the mpd process manager"

Please, can anybody help me about this ?

Bernard