[mpich-discuss] installing and using MPI_PUBLISH_NAME and MPI_LOOKUP_NAME with mpich2

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 15 08:48:32 CDT 2011

The default publish mechanism is to use the file-system assuming there's
a shared file system. Does that not work for you?

Alternatively, you can use --with-name-publisher=pmi. In this case there
are two possibilities:

1. If your publish/lookup is happening within the same application
(launched using one mpiexec), then there's nothing you need to do. Just
launch the application normally, and it'll function correctly.

2. If your publish/lookup is happening between two different
applications (launched using more than one mpiexec), then you'll need to
launch a separate nameserver (./mpich2-install/bin/hydra_nameserver) and
get each mpiexec to connect to this common nameserver by passing the
-nameserver option to mpiexec. mpiexec -nameserver -help will give you
more information.

  -- Pavan