[mpich-discuss] [HELP] Cannot start mpd

甜瓜 littlesweetmelon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 06:04:44 CDT 2010

Howdy,

It is my first time to use MPICH2. To explain my case clear, there are
two node, named n1 and n2 respectively.
I downloaded the latest source code and compiled it in n1 by default
"make". Then I copy all files into n2.
SSH trust and etc/hosts are configured.

Case 1: start mpd on n1, OK.
Case 2: start “mpd --trace" on n2, stuck at:
             n2_60857: ENTER mpd_sockpair in
/home/sl/mpi/bin/mpdlib.py at line 213; ARGS=()
Case 3: start "mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts" on n1, OK. mpdtrace on each
node shows "n1, n2"
            mpdringtest OK.
            mpiexec -n 2 date   // Fail, mpiexec_n1 (mpiexec 392): no
msg recvd from mpd when expecting ack of request

Case 4: start "mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts" on n2, failed with nothing output.

Could you point out the reason?

--
ShenLei