[mpich-discuss] Windows/Linux MPICH2

Matthew Chambers matthew.chambers at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Mar 19 14:13:59 CDT 2010

Hi Jayesh,

Thanks! You solved the cpi problem. I suggest naming the Windows
executable icpi instead of cpi. :)

I'm able to run icpi and cpi between Windows/Linux now, but my target
application that runs fine with the Linux MPD ring hangs. I get the
startup output "Process on <hostname> is starting" from the Windows
machine but not the CentOS machine, so the Linux job is hanging in
MPI_Init_thread, MPI_Buffer_attach, MPI_Comm_size, or MPI_Comm_rank.

It still behaves the same after starting smpd with
SMPD_OPTION_NO_DYNAMIC_HOSTS set to 1.

Thanks,
-Matt