[mpich-discuss] mpi_f2c_consts.f

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 3 11:10:28 CST 2010

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Fortran, but perhaps the
problem is that code uses F90-style comments ('!') and not F77-style
comments ('C'), even though we are building it with mpif77.  Anthony/
Bill, do you know what's going on here?

The good news is that your build appears to have completed
successfully.  You just might not have a Fortran wrapper for use with
MPE.

By the way, you have some strange "accept/decline" messages related to
the PGI compilers showing up in your configure output:

-----8<-----
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for killall... killall
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ::::::::::::::
/share/apps/pgi/common/LICENSE.txt
::::::::::::::
End-User License Agreement

NOTICE: PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING,
COPYING OR USING THE SOFTWARE.  THIS END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
("ELA") IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU, THE LICENSEE (A SINGLE
PERSON, INSTITUTION, OR LEGAL ENTITY), AND STMICROELECTRONICS, N.V., A
DUTCH CORPORATION, HAVING ITS PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS AT
STRAWINSKYLAAN 1725, TOWER B 17TH FLOOR, 1077 XX AMSTERDAM, THE
NETHERLANDS, ACTING FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS ELA THROUGH ITS SWISS
BRANCH, ICC BLOC A, ROUTE DE PRE-BOIS 20, 1215 GENEVA 15, SWITZERLAND
("ST") FOR THE SOFTWARE YOU RECEIVE WITH THIS LICENSE, ASSOCIATED
MEDIA, PRINTED MATERIAL, ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION OR ANY PORTION
THEREOF ('SOFTWARE").  ST IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO YOU
ONLY UPON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN
THIS ELA.  PLEASE READ THE ELA CAREFULLY.  BY DOWNLOADING OR
INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT.
INDICATE ACCEPTANCE BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF
THE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS,
SELECT THE "DECLINE" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE AGREEMENT AND THE
DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL PROCESS WILL NOT CONTINUE.
[...]

-Dave