[mpich-discuss] Problems install MPICH2 on Solaris 10 i386_64

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 3 13:40:05 CDT 2010

On Jun 3, 2010 , at 1:29 PM CDT, Timothy LeBlanc wrote:

> --divide does not seem to be an acceptable parameter . When I type in configure --help it is not listed and it fails when I try using it.
[...]
> So I followed up with running:
> ./configure CFLAGS=-Wa, --prefix=/usr/local/bin/mpich2-install 2>&1 | tee c.txt

This is the not the format you should use.  The whole "-Wa,--divide" matters.  So the command should look like the first one you listed:

  ./configure CFLAGS=-Wa,--divide --prefix=/usr/local/bin/mpich2-install 2>&1 | tee c.txt

> And this fails in the same way as I explained. Seems to configure ok but then the make fails.

Please send us the m.txt from the make command when using the above configuration:

  make V=1 2>&1 | tee m.txt

I'm surprised that this didn't work for you and I'd like to see what's really going on here.

-Dave