[mpich-discuss] mpiexec.hydra does not work in ClearCase vobs

chong tan chong_guan_tan at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 11:35:17 CST 2010

the directory is inside ClearCase vobs, knowns as 'view' in ClearCase.  It is only visible after
running the 'clearcase setview' command.

The way people got around probelm with Grid+Clearcase is to add a wrapper shell to check for the
env var CLEARCASE_ROOT, and run the clearcase setview command, like :

#!/bin/sh
   if [ X_$CLEARCASE_ROOT = X_ ] then
        # NOT Clearcase
   else

       cleartool setview -exec "whatever command commands " `basename $CLEARCASE_ROOT
   fi

----
make this the wrapper script to the grid.    (CLEARCASE_ROOT is of the form /view/<viewname>,
we only need the <viewname> part to set the view)

I think something like this will be need for mpiexec hydra.  Hopefully the info here is enough to get the
support into hydra.

tan