[mpich-discuss] mpiexec.hydra does not work in ClearCase vobs

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 16 21:31:23 CST 2010

I'm not sure I fully understand how this works, but can you try the
-wdir option to mpiexec?

% mpiexec.hydra -wdir $CLEARCASE_ROOT <remaining_options>

This forces Hydra to change the directory to that specified by "wdir"
before executing the command. You might want to play around with what
directory path to give to -wdir to figure out the right value.

You can do:

% mpiexec.hydra -wdir $CLEARCASE_ROOT pwd

... to figure out what directory Hydra is executing the executable
launch from.

 -- Pavan