[mpich-discuss] mpiexec.hydra does not work in ClearCase vobs

chong tan chong_guan_tan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 13:01:27 CST 2010

the wdir issue is similr to the problem qsub and bsub have.  Some qsub and bsub has been patched to deal with this
by checking if the launching process is in ClearCase view.  then launch 'clearcase setview' in each of the
shell it starts.  <Disclaimer : I only saw a limited version of qsub that has this capability, I am not  sure if that
is generally true>

As a second note: hydra is causing very strange situation with my simple minded test that only use single sided
MPI call.   THis code has no probelm with all version of mpiexec I have tested.

thanks
tan