[mpich-discuss] Hydra process manager how-to?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 12 19:31:25 CST 2010

I've corrected the Hydra usage website to reflect the correct command line:

% mpiexec.hydra -rmk pbs /path/to/my_binary

If you use the above command line, Hydra will coordinate with PBS to
figure out how many nodes were allocated and launch the binary on those
nodes. You are, of course, free to override these default settings using
"-n" or "-f". For example:

% mpiexec.hydra -rmk pbs -n 4 /path/to/my_binary

.. will launch the executable on 4 processes.

 -- Pavan