[mpich-discuss] Hydra process manager how-to?

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 12 17:09:48 CST 2010

I haven't personally used PBS with hydra, but my understanding is that
they will get along with each other somehow:

http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager#Resource_Manager_Integration

The example command line in that section doesn't make sense to me, so
we're testing on this on our end.  We'll let you know what we find out.

My suspicion is that you can just put "mpiexec.hydra -rmk pbs /path/to/
my_binary" in place of your old mpiexec line in your PBS script.
Hydra _should_ figure out the hostfile and number of processes from
the PBS environment variables.  However, I haven't tested that yet.

-Dave