[mpich-discuss] Can I run MPI program without mpirun/mpiexec?

John Xu johnzxu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:25:58 CST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to start up mpi process in a processor simulator
environment. So I have the same problem
as formerly posted in
 https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/mpich-discuss/2009-November/006008.html

Jayesh,

You indicated that there is a way similar to the windows debugging by
starting processes at manually.
But it requires two command prompts.

Does it work for a linux environment running SMP with say 2 cores?

Since I only have one dummy term emulated from the simulator, I can
not get two command prompts.
Can I setup the environment as in your document and start two
processes in the background?

thanks,
john

 Yes, you can run an MPI program without mpiexec/mpirun. Let us know
if you have any problems.

Regards,
Jayesh