[mpich-discuss] Can I run MPI program without mpirun/mpiexec?

John Xu johnzxu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:06:06 CST 2010

Hi,

I ended up trying to setup the environment manually myself and got the
program to run
without mpiexec.
However, the process I kicked off does not seems to reflect the number
of processes
I requested.

For example, I set PMI_RANK = 0 and PMI_SIZE=2,
but when I launched cpi, I got the following:

Process 0 of 1 is on (none)
pi is approximately 3.1415926544231332, Error is 0.0000000008333401
wall clock time = 0.000976

The total number of processes is 1 instead of 2.

Any idea of what environment variable I need to set to get the desired
behaviour?

Thanks,
john