[mpich-discuss] Configure error

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 18 13:40:57 CDT 2010

I thought this sounded familiar.  It's a bug we fixed a while back on the trunk, but never made it to the 1.2.x series: http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-February/006480.html

Basically, the problem is that we don't correctly handle spaces in many of the "precious" autoconf variables, especially CPPFLAGS.  It was fixed on the trunk by r6220-6226.

1.3b1 shouldn't suffer from this problem, if you are willing to use it.  I'll see if there's a way to back-port any of this to the 1.2.1 branch.  The workaround I mentioned earlier might also still work for you, but you might hit a different set of related problems later on instead.

-Dave