[mpich-discuss] mpdboot error

Jacob Harvey j.harv8 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 11:41:38 CDT 2010

MPICH2 users,

Has anyone seen this error from mpdboot before?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/mpich2-1.2.1-i86/bin/mpdboot", line 476, in ?
    mpdboot()
  File "/opt/mpich2-1.2.1-i86/bin/mpdboot", line 158, in mpdboot
    totalnumToStart = int(argv[argidx+1])
ValueError: invalid literal for int(): 2-f

Its odd because I only get this error when I try to set up an mpd ring
for calculations in a PBS script. But if I try to set up an mpd ring
from the command line then the ring forms just fine. Plus I've gone
through the debugging MPD rings in the manual and did not turn up any
errors in doing so. Another puzzling piece of information is that I
use the same exact PBS script on a different cluster and the mpd ring
forms just fine. So I'm confused as to what is the problem here. Any
thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Jacob

Jacob Harvey

Graduate Student