[mpich-discuss] Using MPICH2 with shared memeory

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 13 09:20:50 CDT 2010

Hello,

All three should be using shared memory. Sockets are used for other
purposes such as process management, so just checking if sockets are
created is not a good way to determine if shared memory is being used.
MPI communication should happen using shared memory for processes on the
same node in all three cases (though nemesis is the preferred way).

  -- Pavan