[mpich-discuss] Beginner's problem with MPE, logging, and ifort

Thomas Ruedas ruedas at dtm.ciw.edu
Mon Oct 19 19:05:01 CDT 2009

Hi Anthony,
thanks for the quick reply.
Anthony Chan wrote:
>> When I compile the small F90 test program listed and the end of this
>> email and run it as follows:
>> mpif90 -mpe=mpilog test2.f90
>> mpiexec -machinefile machines -n 4 a.out
>> it runs normally, but no logging takes place, neither on the screen
>> nor into a file. The option -mpe=mpitrace also shows no effect at all.
> check if there is any MPE symbol in a.out, i.e.
> nm a.out | grep MPE
Nothing there.
> My guess is that the mpif90 that you invoked may not be from mpich2
> that comes with MPE.  Your mpich2 configure output may contain hints
> of what went wrong, send us the output of mpich2version.
mpich2version
MPICH2 Version:    	1.2
MPICH2 Release date:	Unknown, built on Mon Oct 19 17:12:54 EDT 2009
MPICH2 Device:    	ch3:nemesis
MPICH2 configure: 	--prefix=/home/truedas/local/ --enable-debuginfo
MPICH2 CC: 	gcc  -O2
MPICH2 CXX: 	c++  -O2
MPICH2 F77: 	g77  -O2
MPICH2 F90: 	ifort  -O2
So indeed, I have overlooked the g77 entries in the configure log or
searched for the wrong thing, sorry. Why does it choose different
compilers for the two Fortran flavors, and what should I do to make the
Intel compiler work with MPE?
Thomas