[mpich-discuss] Problems with configuring MPICH with cross compiler

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 11 18:52:25 CST 2009

Unfortunately, alpha is not a supported platform for nemesis (or most
of the other channels).  We might add support some day, although at
this point it is difficult to actually find an alpha machine on which
we can do the development work.

Your best bet is probably to configure with "--with-device=ch3:sock",
which shouldn't require any atomic operations or have any special
memory usage requirements.  Performance won't be as good as
ch3:nemesis if it did work, but there's no way that nemesis will work
on alpha in the near future.

-Dave