[mpich-discuss] Problems with configuring MPICH with cross compiler

chan at mcs.anl.gov chan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 11 17:08:17 CST 2009

It looks like the test for MPI_Offset at the end of top-level configre.in
broke the cross-compile support in MPICH2.  Can you file a bug report at
mpich2-maint at mcs.anl.gov and send in your config.log and tee.txt
as well as your configure command that failed ?

There is a distclean target in Makefile but since configure
failed so no Makefile was created, i.e. no need to do "make distclean".
(I should have seen this earlier)

If your don't need MPI-IO, i.e. romio, you can try the following to
see if the configure completes:

./configure --prefix=/home/junligu/shared/MPICH_alpha2
--enable-cxx --disable-f77 --disable-romio
--with-device=ch3:nemesis --with-atomic-primitives=no
--build=i386-unknown-linux-gnu --host=alpha-unknown-linux-gnu

Let us know how it goes.

A.Chan