[mpich-discuss] No hang-up with MPICH2

Ralph Butler rbutler at mtsu.edu
Mon Jun 22 10:42:01 CDT 2009

On a linux cluster, I tried this which worked fine:
         nohup time mpiexec -l -machinefile tempmf -n 2 hostname < /
dev/null &
I also replaced hostname with "cat -" just to see if requiring stdin
made any difference.
Since I was using tcsh, I switched to sh to what happened.  It still
worked fine although
the output went into a file (nohup.out) instead of to stdout.