[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

peter_raeth at juno.com peter_raeth at juno.com
Sat Jun 20 09:02:29 CDT 2009

> ======================================
>
> Today I started fresh. Downloaded Fedora 10 i386 and installed it on a
> different machine. The install processes completely reformatted the disk
> before installing anything. This machine is not connected to a network.
>
> Then I installed mpich2-1.1 by following the installer guide pp 2-6, all
> steps through step 11. All steps went well. No RPMs were used, just the
> source.

Can you also test with installing the MPICH2 rpms ('just run "yum
install mpich2*"), after you've removed (or moved aside) your
previously self-built copy?

Completely rebuilt another machine using Fedora 10 i386 installer disk. But, had to stop there because the Ethernet connection is physically broken. Put in a tech support request with IT to get it fixed. Will proceed once that is done.
Best,
Peter.