[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

peter_raeth at juno.com peter_raeth at juno.com
Thu Jun 18 06:18:21 CDT 2009

>   Used mpich2-1.1 Fedora 10 rpm on one machine and the raw-source
> install on another. The results are the same when I try to run cpi or
> any other code that built and ran under Fedora 9.

The binary packages in Fedora and most other UNIX distributions use a
different configure options that the default ones in the release (they
use shared library builds). So, you can't mix them. You need to either
use the binary version on both machines or the source-code based compile
on both machines.

The two machines are not connected. They are stand-alone, set up that way to work on this issue. Both have Fedora 10. One used the build instructions in the MPICH2 installer guide. The other used the rpm. Both yield the same issue, invalid instruction when MPI_Init tries to execute. Something is wrong with code building, as compared to the same build process used under Fedora 9.