[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

peter_raeth at juno.com peter_raeth at juno.com
Wed Jun 17 13:28:10 CDT 2009

Searched the archives on this one and could not find anything. But, I'll be it is something that is a pretty simple oversight on my part.
In setting up a new Linux cluster I downloaded and installed Fedora 10.
Disabled SELinux and the Firewall since the network is isolated.
Downloaded and installed mpich2-1.1 source and followed the default build/install instructions in the v1.1 install guide through Step 8 / Page 4.
Also ran "make testing" while in the tmp directory (Page 22).
All "which" commands respond as expected.
All of this went well.
While in tmp/examples, ran ./cpi.   The result is an "illegal instruction" error upon the program's attempt to execute MPI_Init.
The same thing happens on a network of two nodes set up via the Fedora 10 rpm.
Can someone tell me what I am missing?
Thanks,
Peter.