[mpich-discuss] assertion failed in socksm.c it_plfc->revents when trying mpptest

Gregory Alan Hildstrom ghildstrom at trustedcs.com
Wed Jun 10 18:07:38 CDT 2009

Hello. I am trying to set up a simple performance test using mpptest
between two nodes running a stripped down version of RHEL5 x86_64. I am
able to mpdboot -n 2 and the subsequent mpdtrace shows the host names of
both nodes. I ran mpdringtest with no problems. I'm running mpich2-1.1
and mpptest from perftest-1.4b.

I ran "mpirun -np 2 mpptest -logscale" and got the following error output.

Assertion failed in file socksm.c at line 1663: (it_plfd->revents &
0x008) == 0
internal ABORT - process 0
Assertion failed in file socksm.c at line 1663: (it_plfd->revents &
0x008) == 0
internal ABORT - process 1
rank 0 in job 3  serverhost_37494   caused collective abort of all ranks
   exit status of rank 0: return code 1

I am not sure if this is an mpich issue or an mpptest issue. I tried to
make the test suite bundled with mpich2, but it did not build, which is
why I am trying mpptest. The test suite first complained about a missing
lib.a, which should have been libmpich.a in test/mpid/ch3's makefile.
Then it complained about a missing test.h in test/util/timer/timers.c. I
commented out the include test.h, which resulted in an undefined
reference to "Test_Waitforall".

Any suggestions of where to look for problems? I would also appreciate
any pointers to other mpich-compatible benchmarks or test suites.

Thank you. -Greg