[mpich-discuss] For beginning MPI users...

Ganesh ganesh at cs.utah.edu
Sat Feb 28 15:33:40 CST 2009

Hi

>   I am looking for a debugging/profiling tool for Mpi, but this needs
> "Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack SDK".
That is of course Microsoft's adaptation of MPICH2 and is available free
from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?FamilyID=d8462378-2f68-409d-9cb3-02312bc23bfd&displaylang=en

The user manual of ISP is missing this link which I'll fix.

ISP on Windows has not been tested with MPICH2 but should work (we may
get to it one day). There is really no need to be running MPICH2 on
Windows because that's what the above SDK really is.
>  It doesn't even want to install
> itself with mpich2. :( Anyway the screenshots look nice. By the way
> what other debug/profile tools are available with mpich2 under
> windows? Thanks.

Ganesh