[mpich-discuss] PMI documentation

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 09:15:38 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 16:57 +0100, Ashley Pittman wrote:
> Is the PMI interface documented anywhere?  I'm trying to write a new
> client but other than the source code there doesn't seem to be any
> documentation I can find.

I managed to get what I needed by reverse engineering the code, I made
the rookie error of settings keys, calling barrier and then trying to
read the keys which sometimes worked and sometimes failed.  Adding a
barrier before exit fixed the problem for me.

That aside could somebody explain the difference between "put" and
"publish_name", they both appear to do the same thing as far as I can
see.

There appears to be part of a document describing PMI in the source tree
however the directory contains most of the contents is missing, it looks
like there should be a trunk/doc/pmi/pmiman directory however there
isn't one.  I'm using SVN sources now although the same is true of the
tarball.

Ashley,
--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.