[mpich-discuss] Example MPICH2 multicore host file?

Steve Smith stesmith at mines.edu
Thu Apr 2 19:10:34 CDT 2009

I am running mpich2 on two multicore machines (linux dual-quad-core
and OSX dual-core).

I haven't had any problems with building and running code. However,
I've seen some behavior that makes me wonder if data/processing is
actually being subdivided between my cores - or whether they are all
getting the same data.

I have not seen an example of a working MPICH2 hostfile. Based on the
OPENMPI ans MPICH1 examples at http://cs.calvin.edu/curriculum/cs/374/homework/MPI/01/multicoreHostFiles.html
  I'm thinking my MPICH2 hostfile should have a different format.

Can anyone point me to a working example MPICH2 multicore hostfile?

Sincerely,

-Steve Smith
geophysics grad student
Colorado School of Mines