[mpich-discuss] Cannot build mpich2-1.0.8p1 (nemesis) with PGI8.0-4 on Linux x86_64

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 1 19:28:27 CDT 2009

Right now this is restricted to compilers producing compatible object
files with respect to a few things, listed here:
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Building_MPICH2

But a perfect solution for all compilers is hard, as you pointed out.
But having something is better than nothing :-). We are putting together
a list of tested compilers which we know work with each other. If you
are outside that list, then there are no guarantees, obviously.

  -- Pavan