[mpich-discuss] Unable to connect issue

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 19 09:06:55 CDT 2008

Hi,

# Can you run the MPI program on a single host ? (i.e., mpiexec -n 2
cpi.exe)
# Can you try specifying ipaddresses of the hosts instead of the hostnames
? (i.e., mpiexec -hosts 2 IPADDRESS_OF_IMAGES16 IPADDRESS_OF_IMAGES17
cpi.exe)

    If the above suggestions don't work please provide us the verbose
output of smpd and mpiexec. To get the verbose output of smpd & mpiexec,

# Stop any instances of smpd using, smpd -stop, command
# Run smpd in debug mode using, smpd -d, command
# Run mpiexec in the verbose mode using the "-verbose" option of mpiexec.

   Let us know the results.

(Note: In the command that you listed in your email both hostnames are the
same -- there is no images16 specified with "-hosts" arg of mpiexec. I am
assuming you meant "mpiexec -hosts 2 images16 images17 cpi.exe")

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____