[mpich-discuss] MPI x64 - buy advanced version

Joao Paulo Lima Santos jpls at coc.ufrj.br
Fri Sep 19 08:52:50 CDT 2008

Dear THE SOURCE,

Really there's MPI_INTEGER8 to represents 8-bit integer, but not all
variables can take this form, for example the COUNT:

MPI_Send(void* buf,int count,MPI_Datatype datatype,
    int dest,int tag,MPI_Comm comm);

I am sending a vector whose size exceeds representation 4-bit integer
(COUNT). Internally, the MPI function does not appear to represent an
entire 8-bit and returns an error message.

Do you now some version that I can to do it?

Sincerily yours.

Joao Paulo

--
Atenciosamente