[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 APP on windows

Addepalli, Srirangam V srirangam.v.addepalli at ttu.edu
Wed Nov 12 10:28:30 CST 2008

Hi,
Thank you. It worked to a extent as in when I run the command with the suggestions I am able to get past read input file stage.

NOT Working:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec.exe -np 8 -host compute-3 -map H:\\JAN
US\D H:\BIN\nwchem.exe H:\BIN\siosi3.nw
 argument  1 = H:\BIN\siosi3.nw
  could not open a file in permanent directory:               H:/BIN/
  could not open a file in scratch directory:             H:/BIN/
  Both permanent and scratch directory not accessible

Working:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec.exe -np 8 -host compute-1  -map H:\\JAN
US\D H:\BIN\nwchem.exe H:\BIN\siosi3.nw
 argument  1 = H:\BIN\siosi3.nw

I think I have some permissions messed up. Suggestions ?

Rangam