[mpich-discuss] mpiexec and working directory

Tiago Silva tsilva at coas.oregonstate.edu
Thu Nov 6 17:16:55 CST 2008

Hi all,

I have been using mpich 1.2.7 and am now trying a version of mpich2 on
our cluster (1.0.3). I am running into some problems so I hope you can
help me.
My program is expecting to to find its input files on my home dir ~/
instead of the local directory, even when I am using -wdir or -dir. If I
copy the input files to ~/ it runs fine, writing the output file also in
~/. This is how I invoke mpiexec

[tsilva run]$ mpiexec -wdir /tsilva/plasim/run/ -ssh -nopm -n 2
-machinefile /tsilva/run/machines /tsilva/run/F90_mpi.x

I used to have the same problem with mpirun and mpich 1.2.7 but once I
made sure that the file access was done after call mpi_init and before
call mpi_finalize it worked fine. So I have already checked and this
isn't the case at the moment.

I am using RH4 and PGI 7.0 Fortran compiler

Thanks for any help,
Silva