[mpich-discuss] mpich2 1.0.8 on windows - domain required?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 3 09:01:37 CST 2008

Hi,
 The machines don't have to be part of the same domain to be part of your
MPI job (This requirement is only for setups which use the SSPI
authentication mechanism to launch MPI jobs).
 Can you run a non-MPI command like hostname on the local machine ?

   mpiexec -n 2 hostname

 Is the user "thomas" a domain user ? In that case you should register the
username with the domainname (DOMAINNAME\USERNAME) when registering the
username (mpiexec -register) with mpiexec.
 Let us know if you still have problems.

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____