[mpich-discuss] mpich2 1.0.8 on windows - domain required?

Thomas Blom blomcode at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:12:23 CST 2008

The test command suggested (mpiexec -n 2 hostname) works fine on one of the
machines.  On the other machine (both are winXP) I get the error:

Credentials for thomas rejected connecting to mb13
Aborting: Unable to connect to mb13

This is the result of just running locally, not over a network!  In answer
to the previous question, 'thomas' is not a domain user.  This is just two
winXP machines on a local network that are part of the same "workgroup" but
neither are part of any domain.

I wonder if this has to do with my having changed the machine name on mb13
... but I have since completely uninstalled and installed mpich2.  I left
the default phrase "behappy" during this installation.  I then ran
wmpiregister and entered my username and password (which I use to login to
each machine sucessfully).

I have tried to play with wmpiconfig, but it is a little difficult to
understand how to use this.  I don't find any documentation for it.

Thanks very much for any help....

-thomas blom, austin tx