[mpich-discuss] mpdtrace cannot connect (cygwin & mpd), previous smpd remnants?

Ingo Bojak I.Bojak at science.ru.nl
Mon Mar 31 08:55:09 CDT 2008

Ingo Bojak wrote:
> After a complete wipe (make distclean, deleting source, bin, and build
> directory) I have build it  all from scratch. I am using the latest
> stable version, I'm running configure/make under cygwin, and "which"
> points to the right files (path is set) after, .mpd.conf is there. I
> get *exactly* the same problems reported previously. mpd starts up,
> but is not recognized by mpdtrace?!
Further detail:

mpdcheck -s

in one cygwin window, plus

mpdcheck -c computername portnumber

in another cygwin window actually produce the output as shown in the
installation guide
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-doc-install.pdf
in Appendix A.1.1., page 28 bottom, page 29 top. It's just mpdtrace and
also things like
mpiexec -n 1 /bin/hostname
which do not work and bring back the response that mpd cannot be reached.

So I figure it's not a network / port problem?

Cheers,
Ingo