[mpich-discuss] mpdtrace cannot connect (cygwin & mpd), previous smpd remnants?

Ingo Bojak I.Bojak at science.ru.nl
Mon Mar 31 03:50:04 CDT 2008

Jayesh Krishna wrote:
>   I would recommend that you uninstall any previous versions of MPICH2 on
> windows. Delete your MPICH2 install directory in cygwin. Now make sure that
> you don't have any previous mpiexec or mpd hanging around in your system
> (Try typing in the commands and they should not be available). Update cygwin
> packages to the latest versions. Do a "make distclean". Configure/make/make
> install MPICH2 using the settings that you need in cygwin.
>   After installing try doing a "which mpd" & "which mpiexec" to make sure
> that you are using the *right* versions of mpd/mpiexec. Let us know if you
> still have problems.

After a complete wipe (make distclean, deleting source, bin, and build
directory) I have build it  all from scratch. I am using the latest
stable version, I'm running configure/make under cygwin, and "which"
points to the right files (path is set) after, .mpd.conf is there. I get
*exactly* the same problems reported previously. mpd starts up, but is
not recognized by mpdtrace?!

Cheers,
Ingo