[mpich-discuss] mpdtrace cannot connect (cygwin & mpd), previous smpd remnants?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 28 15:00:24 CDT 2008

 Hi,
  I would recommend that you uninstall any previous versions of MPICH2 on
windows. Delete your MPICH2 install directory in cygwin. Now make sure that
you don't have any previous mpiexec or mpd hanging around in your system
(Try typing in the commands and they should not be available). Update cygwin
packages to the latest versions. Do a "make distclean". Configure/make/make
install MPICH2 using the settings that you need in cygwin.
  After installing try doing a "which mpd" & "which mpiexec" to make sure
that you are using the *right* versions of mpd/mpiexec. Let us know if you
still have problems.

Regards,
Jayesh